Camrose Running Forum
June 17, 2019, 01:22:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enjoy the Camrose Running forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 k track race  (Read 6019 times)
brendan

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »

Thanks to all who set up and organized the 5 k track time trial on the weekend.  It's awesome to see so many people out.  The day was perfect for running, and it's good to do a time trial like that to prove to myself that training is paying off, and where fitness levels are.  And lets not forget the real reason for running, the after race snacks were great.
robert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 06:30:58 PM »

Yeah! That was a fun little race. I was really excited to get my fastest time since 1999, even though David Arial kicked my booty in the race. Well, he did just stick to me like a leech for 12 laps and 330 meters... then he decides to go to the front....sigh. Oh well, the best man clearly was first!  Smiley

Big Thanks to Denise, Kathy and Mary for getting this all set up!
ian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »

I think you mean 12 laps and 130 meters, Robert.  I think your strategy - heading into the final lap - should have been to convince him that you had two laps to go.  If he believed you, you'd win by half a second without needing a kick.

Ian (also a leech)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: